Welcome to the Abstract Submission
The Saudi ECLS conference is honored to invite Residents, fellows, intensivists, cardiac surgeons, pediatric intensivists, cardiologists, ECMO nursing administrators, ECMO specialists, and perfusionists to submit abstracts that showcase initiatives and innovations in ECLS education, ECMO program quality improvements initiatives, ECLS evidence-based medicine or practice, Center experience, case report, case series, metanalyses, controlled trials, original research, review article
Ahmed Rabea - Guest Editor
Dr. Wael Tashkandi - Representative of the journal
Ayed Asiri - head of scientific committee
Hani Mufti - Co-Chair Scientific Committee
Wadiah Alfilfil - Co-Chair Scientific Committee
Prof Ali Al Bshabshe - member
Alyaa ElHazmi - Member
Dr. Abdullah Alghobashi - Member
Dr. Nada Aljassim - Member
Dr. Mostafa Rajab - member
Dr. Mohamed almaan - Member
• At least two reviewers independently evaluate each abstract.
• The reviewing is blind, reviewers are not aware of the submitters’ names or institutional connections.
• The scoring rubric will be used by the reviewers for abstract evaluation.
• The reviewers will consider the following criteria:
1. Relevance to the overall theme of the conference and topics listed above.
2. Clarity of the submissions to be related to ECLS education or practice.
3. Quality of the abstract.
4. The novelty of the topic (e.g., the topic addresses a new question or problem or approaches traditional questions from a novel perspective.
• Presenters are required to disclose any potential conflicts of interest relating to the content they will be presenting (such as financial interests, vendor affiliations, and/or royalties received) and to guarantee that their abstract presentations will not be used to promote any specific goods or services. In the event that a conflict of interest is uncovered after acceptance, the committee has the right to revoke the approval of an abstract.
• Presenters are responsible for covering all of their own expenses, including travel, accommodation, and other expenditures.
• The primary author serves as the point of contact for all correspondence with the committee and is also the corresponding author.
• The abstracts may include:
• Center experience, case report, case series, metanalyses, controlled trials, original research, review article (will be considered for publications and not abstract presentation).
• Ongoing projects or projects that may have been published or presented elsewhere within the last year, if relevant to the conference theme.
• The conference allows a primary author to submit a maximum of two (2) abstracts. If an author submits more than two abstracts, only the first two will be assessed and considered for acceptance.
• All accepted abstracts’ primary authors are required to sign up for the conference. Co-authors must sign up for the conference in order to present with or on behalf of the primary author.
• You must register for an account on the submission official website of the Saudi ECLS conference in order to upload an abstract.
• When the abstract is properly submitted, a confirmation email will be sent automatically to the primary author’s email address (approx. 2 3 weeks after the submission deadline date).
• Presenters must upload their presentation materials on the website before the conference time (complete instructions will be sent by email)
• After the submission deadline, incomplete abstract submissions will not be accepted for assessment or consideration for presentation
Awarded participants will receive
1. Free registration to the conference
2. Free registration to pre-conference course
3. Granted 2000 SAR
4. podium Presentation during the conference with 10 minutes time slot
All accepted submissions will be granted electronic poster presentation and publication in SCCS journal event issueAbstract Presentation:
• The podium Presentation will last 10 minutes time slot for each presentation of the awarded two podium presentations and five minutes for a designated period for real-time questions and answers. On-site recordings of presentations will be made available for on-demand listening after the event.
• The poster Presentation will be presented electronically by the primary author or co-author and will last for 5 minutes.
• Instructions of the abstract presentation will be sent by email upon submission acceptance.